Whoa whoa whoa! Hold The Phone! I was just nominated for a blogging award!
I would like to thank the academy (…academy equals my babe BRI over at DELICIOUSLY ACTIVE) for giving me the opportunity to brag about myself unmercifully and also for a blog topic because I didn’t know what to write about today.
No! Just kidding! So here’s what happens when you get the Liebster award!
This is a Blogger to Blogger nominated award that is given to up-and-coming blogs that have less than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
1. Post 10 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 10 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 10 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each blogger’s site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
Let’s get started!
Random Facts About Me:
1. Right now I’m still laughing over the title of this blog post (Hahahaha, Justin Liebster…)
2. Once I walked out of my apartment without pants on.
3. I do everything right-handed except for write. So, technically, I’m a lefty.
4. I am terrified of the ocean. But it’s also my favorite place in the world.
5. I fall down. A lot.
6. When I was a child (but far too old for this sort of thing to be acceptable) I choked on a monopoly hotel.
7. I sing, on average, 12 hours a week.
8. I refuse to watch gory movies because I immediately, instinctively, cry.
9. I can’t listen to music and write at the same time.
10. New Years Eve is my favorite holiday.
Alright! And here are my ten questions from Bri!
1. What is the most amazing place you have visited?
Probably Japan. Or Uxmal in Mexico.
2. What makes you pee your pants from laughter?
Watching my husband get really tickled over something is contagious and soon we are both rolling on the floor and neither of us know why.
3. What is the craziest (or best) thing you have eaten/drank?
Definitely stinky tofu. Ever wondered what it would be like to eat a horse stable?
4. What is one TV show you cannot miss?
I personally love Saturday Night Live– but I can miss it, on occasion. Oh! And I watched the first season of Orange is the New Black in two days. (Don’t tell anyone.)
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
My house! The house I live in now… but with all of the renovations done.
6. What’s your favorite meal?
7. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
For continued safety and happiness for all my family, to live a peaceful and fulfilling life …and for lots of cake.
8. What’s one interesting tradition your family observes?
My mom makes a pea salad with iceberg lettuce, bacon bits, sweet peas and a ton of mayonnaise and it IS TO DIE FOR. She makes it every holiday.
9. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Being openly narcissistic. Ha! Oh, and I’ve been blogging long enough now that I can look back and remember things that I would have otherwise forgotten and that’s super neat.
10. What’s the best new-to-blogging advice you’ve received thus far?
I think the best general advice I’ve gotten has to be honesty. And thoughtfulness. Sometimes I’m really mad or upset or thrilled or just generally over emotional and before I go blurting out things on the internet it’s nice to be reminded to take a step back and think about my words. It’s my blog, sure, but if I’m inviting people to read it then I should be mindful of that as well.
So the next step is to nominate five other bloggers which is awesome because I’ve been wanting to post about some of my favorite blogs, anyway!
: One of my favorite, favorite blogs. I’m friends with Amy in real life and her blog is just like her: infectious, witty and hilarious.
: As someone who has experienced being a Gaijin
in Japan– this blog is really funny and helpful.
Jamie is my BFF. She never blogs anymore but I have come up with all sorts of ways to get her back into it. This being another one. She drives bands when they tour (mostly in Europe) so if you want a little wanderlust– read her blog.
GIRL IN SOREA
: Anyone who can laugh over “Running Man”
episodes with me is a winner. This blog is so much fun. Fashion, Lifestyle, etc! And her latest post about her trip to Thailand is full of beautiful pictures.
: I LOVE this blog. She doesn’t know it. But I love it. You want killer recipes? Check. You want book reviews? You want a sharp, witty writer? Bingo!
So there you have it! Now, bloggers, here are my questions for you! (Just imagine it’s the Miss America Pageant… get your pose right!)
1. Where does your blog title come from?
2. Your perfect Friday night would be what?
3. If you had to read one book over and over forever what would it be?
4. What has been the most embarrassing moment of the last ten years for you?
5. Name something that you wish everyone knew about you!
6. Do you have a daily/weekly ritual? If so, lay it on me!
7. Is there a topic that is hard for you to write about on your blog?
8. Name a beauty/hygiene product that you can’t live without.
9. How amazing are your dance moves?
10. Tell us one secret wish of yours!
Alright! I’m looking forward to your answers, my favorite bloggers! If you need any advice– I’ve been a Liebster recipient for, like two days, so I’m an expert. You only need to ask.
And seriously! Bri!
Thank you so much and yall, make sure to check her blog
out! It’s rad!